Phew

Discuss things about your electronic cutter Robo/Cricut/Silhouette and swap hints and tips. Links to files anything that is useful.
JJ

Phew

Postby JJ » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 am

I thought my craft robo had died just when I had done my first successful print and cut !!(after 5 years). It made a horrible graunchy noise and closed down completely. Turns out it blew a fuse.....thank goodness for that!! :banana:
Janet xxxxx

"""***********************************"""
As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never face the wrong way.

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Phew

Postby Carolyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:59 am

- I must get mine out again - it hasn't been used for ages!

glad it has 'pulled through' :)

What did you print and cut? I have only done the 'greetings' that I puton the web site ages ago.

LizG

Postby LizG » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 am

I have just about got to grips with judging the thicknesses for some of the card I have and what settings it needed. I started writing a note so I would rememeber but then found that after a few cuts it would need to be slightly thicker. I haven't dried the double cutting yet as apparently that helps. I am using quite thin card at the moment and so still using the blue cap.

I have cut some freebie templates I found and now I must start using the software and making my own. I have also downloaded the Silhouette software which is apparently much better than Robo software. Much easier to do welded words etc. Why are there not enough days to play when I get a new toy!!!

kenspeckle

Postby kenspeckle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Bet you are relieved JJ! :lol:

I do use mine quite regularly, but am not as adventurous as I'd like to be. I always say I am going to sit down and play at doing new and interesting stuff, but it always ends up that I need something NOW so I just churn out the same stuff! :oops:

JJ

Postby JJ » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 pm

What I didn't realise (I may be wrong) is that it will only accept jpegs for print and cut. I have some lovely alpha sets which are png format so I copied some of the letters into paint and saved them as Jpegs. It worked a treat.
Janet xxxxx

As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never face the wrong way.

Return to “Electronic cutters”