How are you all

Just want to have a general chat with like minded people - well why not. Posts are auto deleted after 120 days of inactivity.
Carolyn
The Boss

How are you all

Postby Carolyn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm

So what you all up to? What plans have you got for the summer?

Adele have you anything planned to sell your wares?

I sold a few things at a co operative type shop in hexton before I left for holiday, so plan to make some thing when I get back.

Forever on the lookout for some new ideas.

Melis

Re: How are you all

Postby Melis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:41 am

We have our Summer Fete tomorrow but I am working. I was asked if I wanted a stall to sell some craft items but I haven't made much recently.

Yesterday I made a zipped cushion cover. I am not great at zips so I was very pleased with the finish.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Ooh pictures required.

How are the Christmas gifts going, have you got lots of ideas?

DingleDel

Postby DingleDel » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:18 pm

I have paid to have a stall at Amelia's School Fair but it's really putting myself out of my (tiny little) comfort zone.

Not really sure how much stock I have, how to display them, how to price them.......and as always running out of time. Had 3 hours of pain management this afternoon and all I want to do now is sleep but I have paperwork to do for Chris too. :sleep:

I haven't made much at all recently, all i have done is colour some images in....although i have really been enjoying that. :roflmao:
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:13 pm

What sort of things have you got so far? I have use things from around the house before for displaying. We had a set of cutlery that came on a hanging rack, chrome bathroom shelf are a couple that spring to mind.

I also covered a piece of wood with some corrugated cardboard from a box. Wrapped some fabric around and pinned jewellery to it, I stood it on an easel, but plates stands would work. The bit of wood just gave it some weight.

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm suffering with a damaged knee. I got so fed up with the mess of building supplies and building rubbish my husband left in my back garden. It had become dangerous to go out there and is the reason the poor Dog fell and broken a front tooth.

So I've been trying to clear things, I've managed to attack some of the brambles and get some of the rotting wood to the tip. So I decided to have a go at the old eaves from the old utility room we knocked down. I borrowed hubbie's Work mate and started sawing them up. However I didn't get a good grip on one of them and didn't have the weight even so it swung and hit me in the side of my right knee. Result bruised and swollen to the extend it's moved the nerve and is pressing on it. I'm not allowed now to cycle or walk up and down slopes or stairs for at least a week. However I do have to climb stairs to get to bed and the bathroom. Doc says then it will take longer to heal.
I have to be careful not to touch it otherwise I get a very sharpe stinging nerve pain.

So I'm working instead using up scraps of leftover fabric creating crazy patchwork panels which I'll make into new items once I have a nice pile.

oh yes the boiler failed so I've no hot water, not enjoying boiling kettles for washing up and washing floors. Oh and no heating thankfully the weathers good so don't require it yet.
Hubbie is in the process of sorting the boiler for me he's taken the mother board out of it and back to where he's living to re solder the board and replace not one but 2 micro switches on it. Hopefully he'll be coming on Wednesday evening to finish mending it for me.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:00 am

Ooh not so good aisles, hope things get better for you

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:21 am

Thanks Carolyn the boiler is now fixed, the knee is almost healed now but I'm still not cycling as yet going to give it another day or two before I go for a short on the flat cycle ride.

To day Hubbie has asked if he can come on Monday to help me take things to the tip and then take me out for lunch. He sent me a nice birthday present for my birthday yesterday.

I wasn't looking forward to my birthday as I thought I was going to be on my own. However I went out 3 times as friends took me out. Mid morning my Greek friend ask me over for a chat and there was a nice box of Belgium chocolates for me that she'd bought for me the week before when she went to Belgium. Then another friend texted asking me to go out for 'coffee'. We sat in a pretty garden with fruit scones and jam and a nice cold drink then went bargin hunting coming back with the cheapest and yummies strawberries :)

I was only home for an hour when another friend came and picked me up on her way back from a meeting in London to Supper with her and her husband who had prepared us a very tastie supper. We walked her two dogs and had a nice pleasant evening before she drove me home again.

I got back to a nice message on my landline my friend in Bedford, she is coming down to see me tomorrow with another old school friend. The three of us have been friends since we were 5 years old.

I'm now about to go back to study part time to do what I intended to do when I finished my degree at Bedford. I was only planning to take 2 years off after graduating in order to own some money and get married. We ended up buying a house etc and after a while I lost my confidence and kept making silly excuses why I failed go on to become a Counsellor. Well 23years later I've decided now is the time to do it so as I'm doing it part time it's going to been 4 or 5 years of study and placements. I just now have to work out which is the best place to study from and how to fund my study. I'm rather excited, bit scared but relieved in a nice way as it's been something that over the years has always been at the back of my mind. Also it's strange how often over the past years people have said things like I think you'd make a good counsellor, have you thought about becoming a counsellor, etc.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm

ooh sounds like you are on a new journey, good luck with the studying.

DingleDel

Postby DingleDel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 am

Oh how exciting for you. Well done. xx
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Return to “Chit Chat”