what's a happening?

Just want to have a general chat with like minded people - well why not. Posts are auto deleted after 120 days of inactivity.
Carolyn
The Boss

what's a happening?

Postby Carolyn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:39 pm

This week I have plumber/electricians in the house. We are having a new ensuite bathroom, downstairs toilet and flooring, including the hall floor, so big disruption, but will all be worth it.

and on Friday it was confirmed that I will be redundant by the summer, known it was coming for a while, and there was a job that they said I could do, but lots of travelling and nothing like I do at the moment.

I get a pension straightaway...but much much smaller than my salary! Luckily I have stockpiled fabric.

anyone else out there...

...what is a happening with you?

Melis

Re: what's a happening?

Postby Melis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:22 pm

How awful for you. Even if you know you might be being made redundant, it is still a blow. Hopefully something will come up. It happened to my auntie a few years ago and she is loving only working part time doing a job that she doesn't think about as soon as she leaves.

How are things going with the home improvements? Everything we are doing is put on hold until the weather improves.

This week we are going to the NEC to the motor home show. We are not ready to buy one yet but it is nice to know what is about.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 pm

the ensuite and toilet are doing well, please so far. Nothing really fancy, but just what we need. Nice and bright and neat. Bath is in and the cupboards. We have had the switches put in the wall on the outside so no more string, and a new fan. so ceiling needs replastering tomorrow.

Hopefully by the end of tomorrow the toilet will be in and the basin all done.

Floor looks lovely, bought it on line so wasn't quite sure, although had samples sent.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 pm

...have fund at motor home show. do you watch the selling RVs show on TV - wow those are amazing!

Melis

Postby Melis » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:38 pm

We have picked one or two campers we like. Now we need to find the money!! We stayed in Birmingham last night at the Hampton by hilton. It was perfect and the breakfast set us up all day. We parked in a car park round the corner from the hotel which was a fiver cheaper. I have spent the savings on fabric. :wst

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 pm

sounds great, I guess campers are quite a bit of money.

Did you see George clarke amazing spaces this week - they did up an old mobile library...it looked great was a shop and studio

Melis

Postby Melis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:46 am

Will have to see if I can watch it on catch up.

Yes, campers are very expensive. The ones we like are about £55,000 brand new. We won't be getting a new one, but it is lovely knowing what is the latest gadgets.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:00 pm

they paid £9k for the library van....

DingleDel

Postby DingleDel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:30 pm

The camper sounds like fun. Where do you plan to travel in it Melis?

Is all your work finished now Carolyn?
After the realisation of redundancy has sunk in, are you looking forward to it?

It's been pretty hectic here, it's been a busy time with loads of appointments for Amelia and my mum's health has really deteriorated over the last 6 months so I am trying to help out with mum and dad as much as I can.

Hey ho, no rest for the wicked! :wink:
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Bathroom almost finished, need to have bath panel added as that was damaged, and I do need to paint the walls. they have done the rest.

Boards over bath have a sparkle in them - so nice and glittery :)

Bath is a steel bath this time, so bit different to the old acrylic one, but am loving it so far.

Might go dark with the walls - needed to see it finished before choosing.

also need to accessorise - will get nice new towels too.
Attachments
20180301_195703.jpg
20180301_195826.jpg
20180301_195753.jpg
20180301_195735.jpg

Melis

Postby Melis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:48 pm

The bathroom is looking great.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 am

Pleased with the boards - we know a few people with them and seem to be better than a load of grout, the mirror was a last minute addition along with the light. DH spotted that he sometimes puts light on in ensuite in middle of night, and has done it once inside with door shut, as switch now on outside he can't do that. So hurriedly searched around for a light that fitted in the tiny space with a pull cord - choice was limited. Looks ok, will be better once all paint work done.

We had originally planned for a shower screen, but we have had bath removed in bathroom (room oddly smaller than ensuite) and had shower put in ages ago, so if I want a shower I tend to use that. So going to have a curtain for now, as thought screen would annoy me in the way of turning on taps and something else to clean. Seems some nice curtains out there - so need to choose one.

A screen can soon be added if we use it a lot.

Return to “Chit Chat”