Hello everyone

Just want to have a general chat with like minded people - well why not. Posts are auto deleted after 120 days of inactivity.
Aisles

Hello everyone

Postby Aisles » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:18 pm

I've not been around, as I've got quite a lot of thing on my plate since 1st December. I've been looking for a part time job outside the home pretty stressful on it's own.

I've also had a death, the young girl who we've been looking after for the past 8years who calls us mum and dad as she was estranged from her own mother. She was never all the well, her hearing and eye sight was getting worse and on her bad days she was in her wheelchair. I found her when I went to help her get up so she could to her favourite local coffee morning. She passed peacefully in her sleep.

I've been chasing every lead I can to find her real family, which I finally managed and had the horrid task of informing them of her demise and sorting out all the legal requirements, go through her private papers, and dispose of all her belongs. Most have gone to charity and few have gone to her friends. I'm still sorting out her bedroom :cry:

I started a voluntary job for a Counselling charity in the office as receptionist and accounts assistant 2 weeks before the death, so as you can image I've been completely shattered and had no time to do any crafting.

I'm hoping tomorrow to get some time to do some sewing as I have a pair of curtains to alter so they can hang at my conservatory French doors. I like to keep them open however the bee's come in and get all caught up in the roof of the conservatory and died:( So I'm thinking if I can weigh these curtains down then the wind won't blow them open and let in the bees when I leave the doors open.

Melis

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Melis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It is not genetics that make you love someone. It must be very difficult going through the grief you are dealing with and starting a new job. Sending you love which I know sounds a bit strange as I don't even know you but I do feel that we are a little community here.

Melis

p.s. Good luck with the curtains. I bought net curtains from Ikea to put up at the patio doors. It does stop most flies.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 pm

sorry to hear your sad news, sounds like a tough time, and what a shame about her treatment by her own family.

I have one of this string thingies for the conservatory door that seems to keep the flies at bay. I just pop it up when the door is open on one of the expandable rods.

this kind of thing http://www.dunelm.com/product/white-bea ... AhTn8P8HAQ

DingleDel

Postby DingleDel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 am

Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time, stay strong!!! :hug: :hug:
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Thank you everyone. Well I didn't get chance last night to work on the curtains in the end

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Wed May 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Curtians finished, and some veggie seeds sown and yesterday was a very long day as we had the funeral.

Return to “Chit Chat”