Back to college

Just want to have a general chat with like minded people - well why not. Posts are auto deleted after 120 days of inactivity.
Aisles

Back to college

Postby Aisles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Many years ago after I finished my degree I had planned to take 2 years off study due to needing a wee break and getting married. Then I was going to return part time to become a Counsellor. However things didn't work out that way. Then we had to move down here where it's more expensive and I was unable to get work other than a wee bit of agency admin work and then working as a manager of a charity shop where I was continually undermined and belittled by their head office who saw me as a threat to their jobs. Not that I wanted their job I loved running the shop.

I had my confidence slowly erode away, and we couldn't afford for me to go back to study.

Well to day I did it I've enrolled part time in order to become a qualified Counsellor. I feel like I've broken free and I've got my confidence and fight back. :banana: :cooldance: :clap:

I will also have time again to make things in fact I've made myself a hobo cross over bag created from different bits of clothes from my family so it's also a memory bag.

I'm also doing a huge belated Spring Clean of my house every room is being cleaned, many trips to the tip, the charity shops and things gone onto ebay to be sold.

Not only that but I've lost 3stone since Christmas this is a lot of the weight I've piled on over the last 4 years where I've been so ill therefore inactive. I feel healthier and fitter due to being to go walking and cycle again.

It's not been easy with everything I've been going through since 1st December but I'm not the same person anymore I'm me again and it feels wonderful :clap: :clap:

So how is everyone else doing?

Is everyone well and enjoying themselves?

What crafting projects have you all been hiding up your selves?

Melis

Re: Back to college

Postby Melis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 pm

This all sounds really positive for you. I'm so pleased for you. When do you start your training? How long before you are qualified?

Hope it all goes well.

Melis

Kath

Postby Kath » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Hope all goes well for you, Aisles. You have had a traumatic few months by the sound of it.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Well done you, I am sure losing the weight will continue to make you feel healthier and fitter, you are now clearly on the up :)

Return to “Chit Chat”