3 DAYS TO GO

Check out to see what Sue has in store for us for the birthday weekend....starting March 12th
Sue

3 DAYS TO GO

Postby Sue » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 am

and then it's THURSDAY - ARE YOU READY?

CHECK BACK HERE FOR SOME PRE BIRTHDAY BASH WARM UPS :D :D :D

hopefully they will help you to loosen up get the brain cells working, the creative streak streaking!!! and you will be ready to PARTY on THURSDAY

so to KICK OFF

tell me YOUR OWN favourtie birthday -

did you have a party?

did you have special guests visit?

did you get so drunk you embarrassed yourself? SPILL

Mine - was last year I think although ALL birthday are FUN YEAH? But last year I was in Florida with Doug and it was lovely and so realxing and I was so spoilt

:D :D :D

My WORST ahhh well i was born on 11 September 1961 so my 40th birthday was spent watching the terrible Twin Tower tragedy unfold

NEXT.................
Sue xxx
Where does the time go?

My Gallery
My Blog

cazat81

Postby cazat81 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:10 am

I had a big b'day bash for my 40th -I had been organizing in my head for many yrs. :o Long story! I was dreaming of my life beginning at 40 but was to be disappointed when I heard on the radio one day before my 40th that life will now begin at 50 as we are all living longer - Ho Hum :roll:
I decorated all my garden up with lots of pretty lights. Lots of friends and family and neighbours were invited, it was a lovely event, lots of yummy food and very lucky in receiving many beautiful gifts. The one that brought tears to my eyes was my mum's gift of a ticket to see David Essex in concert. I even received a signed programme from him :D

My b'day is just one day after yours Sue, and I too am a 60's girl - born 1960 so I too remember of how sad I felt with the terrible events of the twin towers.

Carole

annmarie

Postby annmarie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 am

I don't think I've got a fave - we didn't have birthday parties when I was little (we shared the house with my uncle, so we had to be rather restrained). This set the tone for rather low-key birthdays, but we always had a Victoria sponge as a birthday cake, which my dad made. I remember a birthday party when I was 7, and another year when my dad made the sponge and cut a bit out of the top (like you do if you are making butterfly cakes) and filled the hollow with fruit salad.

I remember my seventh birthday because my dad made a four sided box and cut a seven in the sides, with red plastic behind it and the candle in the middle so the seven glowed red. When we moved house I hoped we'd find it (I thought it was in our pantry) so I could take it with me, but it must have got lost somehow coz it wasn't there, though it had been, for ages afterwards.

We always had candles from a local shop which was what you'd call a gift shop now - they sold pictures and lamps and were the first shop you came to - they had numbers on them and were very pretty. I know my mother's 40th was when I was about 13 and I wonder if we (me and my brother) got her the right numbers! I remember thinking how awfully old she was ....... and what a long time it would be till the year 2000 ..... it seemed very strange to think that I would be grown up with children the age I was then ......

(but that bit never happened, so it's just as strange remembering it now - I never thought I wouldn't get married at all)

What a trip down memory lane!! :oops: :oops:
He that never knew sorrow of love never knew joy of it either

Medieval German

Blog at: http://www.anntiqueantics.blogspot.com/

jayne91

Postby jayne91 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 pm

My fav was when I was 50. DH took me to Loch Lomond for a week and we had a cottage on the side of the loch, which was lovely. When we arrived home my children had organised a surprise party for me.

My worst was the same as Sue because I was born on 11 Sep too.

Jayne

Helen Mc

Postby Helen Mc » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Not sure if this counts but I'm hoping this year (my 40th) will be a fav as I am hoping to go & stay here http://www.thehighwaymaninn.net/. Just have to see if MIL will have the boys for a night.
I took my hubby here on our 10th wedding Anniversary.
We came across it by accident years ago, it is a FAB place just to go for a drink, take the virtual tour & you will get a feel for the place. It has 4 poster beds & if you book for dinner you ring him up a few days before & tell him what you want to eat & he buys it in fresh. Hubby & I had completely different stuff. The food was fantastic.
If you are ever down that way, you have to go and have a look round.

H

Postby H » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:48 pm

Mine was my 40th :o 2 months ago :D
For years i have said i would go to New York on my own for a weekend on my 40th, but with no money coming in i had to give that a miss :roll:
But i still had my best birthday with loads of pressies and cards, felt spoilt rotten :D
Took the family out for a meal in the evening :)
Crafty life, don't you just love it :)

http://hbloggingblog.blogspot.com/

denisecolli

Postby denisecolli » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 pm

It was my 50th last May I got a new job which I think is my dream job and as it was DH 60th in April we travelled on our first USA trip in Oct so my 50th year was fantastic no struglling how to top it this year :o
Denise

craftyhazelnut

Postby craftyhazelnut » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:09 pm

The trouble with being over 60 is that there have been so many birthdays that it's difficult to pick just one, but I think it has to be my 50th. John and I went by Eurostar to Brussels for the day - it was a beautiful day.

Another birthday that was one of the best is some ways and one of the worst in others was when we went to Lille (again by Eurostar), but I had a chest infection and felt more and more poorly as the day went on. But we went back again for another birthday another time.

One of the worst was when we got up in the morning intending to go out for the day and John ended up going to A & E and staying in hospital for about a week.

Love Hazel

Charliecat

Postby Charliecat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:53 pm

My most memorable birthday was my 19th (1985). I was at catering college in Bournemouth and had decided to leave to go and live with my boyfriend at the time in Belfast. My friends seemed quite sad but I didn't realise how much until my birthday a week or so later. I was blindfolded and bundled into a car and driven for miles. When we eventually arrived at our destination it was a friends house - quite a wealthy lady with a very posh house - where my friends had organised a big surprise party and all my lecturers were there and they persuaded me to stay. What could I say - it was a difficult decision to finish with my bf and tell him I was staying but it was the right one.

I love all my birthdays becuase the alternative is not worth thinking about!Charliecat.x

Maggie B

Postby Maggie B » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Dont know if this one counts as it's a bit of a sad one. My best friend & 2 daughters were arranging a surprise 40th birthday for me but my best friend died suddenly in the june age 47 :cry: (My birthday in august) so my daughters told me what was going to be happening the hall was booked the invites were written out so what did i want to do go ahead in memory of Anne or cancel it my answer was GO AHEAD as anne would have hated to spoil my big 40 birthday so it went ahead. It was a great night but a sad night but we all feel she was there that night cos just after i blew the candles out on the cake the hall lights flickered of & on it was like Anne was saying i'm hear hen (Her favourit saying) Her husband & the rest of her family all just stood there looking at one another then we all had a good laugh i will never forget my 40th birthday party :)

Return to “Sue's Birthday Bash March 2009”