Using Private Messages (PMs)

All you need to know about the FORUM, GALLERY & SITE, add your problems, suggestions and ideas here.
Carolyn
The Boss

Using Private Messages (PMs)

Postby Carolyn » Mon May 11, 2009 7:06 pm

The new forum has a host of different options when it comes to PMs...so if you go to Private message - click on the "0 new messages" then on "rules, folder & settings - see this screen shot:

Here you can set up some new folders - I think you can have 2 more (I will check), and you can also select what you would like to happen when your in box is full - see bottom option marked.

Once you have set up a new folder you can set up a rule by following the steps on the "Add new rule" - eg you can put your friends PMs, or a certain subject in a new folder.

You can also move PMs in your in box by marking them and then using the drop down box - PLEASE NOTE atm (I will see how I can change it) the box is pretty hard to read unless you highlight - see this screen shot:
http://www.craftsbycarolyn.co.uk/photos/cbcc/pm2.jpg

You can have 35 messages in each folder at the moment - again it might be something I will change

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Using Private Messages (PMs)

Postby Carolyn » Sat May 16, 2009 2:51 pm

I just thought I would let you know that I set up a new folder for 'friends', then I set up a rule that any message from a friend to go to this box.

Then I went to the friends list and added usernames to it. So now I have another in box that will take 35 messages.

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Using Private Messages (PMs)

Postby Carolyn » Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I have now amended the in box to take 40 messages - and you can set up 4 boxes in total - so that 160 messages - so I think that should be enough for everyone 8)

Return to “All about the FORUM”