Bread Pudding

Recipes or anything food related....
LizG

Bread Pudding

Postby LizG » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:13 pm

I had a granary loaf go stale as we went away for a couple of days and I thought I would make some bread pudding (the cake sort, not bread and butter pudding). I have never made it before and didn't have a recipe so had to do a search on the internet. I found this really simple recipe but took note of one or two comments and doubled the amount of mixed spice and added some cinnamon and some nutmeg too.

http://www.netmums.com/family-food/recipes/a-z-of-family-recipes/bread-pudding

Am afraid I can't show you a picture of what I made ....... we have eaten it all :roflmao:

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Bread Pudding

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

I have a recipe here:

http://craftsbycarolyn.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... dding.html

Was lovely warm...and also have added bananas as well - which we all liked warm on bonfire night :)

LizG

Postby LizG » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Wish I had read your blog before I made mine ...... would have known not to line my tin with greaseproof :roflmao: Never mind, I sat with it on a tray and carefully pealed the paper away .... took ages. Ever tried using kitchen foil to line the tin, or just greasing and flouring the tin?

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:35 pm

I think I have done it with just greasing a non stick pan, but as I was doing them to sell and didn't want to mess about I always lined tin. Although don't do 2 of the sides just like a long strip so I can pull it out.

Return to “Recipes”