The last couple of days in my kitchen......

Recipes or anything food related....
craftdancer

The last couple of days in my kitchen......

Postby craftdancer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:30 pm

.....have produced Caramelized Onion Chutney, Green Tomato Chutney and Green Tomato Marmalade (providing it sets!).

I still have fruit in the freezer from last year, but I'm not quite sure exactly what and need to check; and a friend has just offered me a couple of bags of frozen gooseberries, so I'll be investigating the recipe books again very soon.
Attachments
Green Tomato Marmalade 181114.jpg
Green Tomato Marmalade 181114.jpg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Green Tomato Chutney 171114.jpg
Caramelized Onion Chutney 171114.jpg

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: The last couple of days in my kitchen......

Postby Carolyn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

wow you have been busy, how many jars do you sell in a year?

craftdancer

Postby craftdancer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:42 am

how many jars do you sell in a year

At the moment, very few. That is simply because I only got the provisional kitchen certification in June and now the necessary minor improvements have finally been done I am awaiting the inspector's visit to confirm everything. I did have permission to start making on the provisional certificate because it's low risk food, but I didn't dare book any fairs until I knew whether I'd have any stock. I was also working from June to the end of September, so my time was at a premium for sourcing ingredients and getting the cooking and labelling done.

I have managed to book into a village event this coming Sunday, but there are two other stalls there with preserves, so I think the competition will be very noticeable. I don't know this village, but it is very small so unless they get lots of visitors to this event footfall will be low. However, it's getting me a toe into the "craft" fair circuit so I may get contacts for some events next year when I will have a decent amount of stock - otherwise, it's a day out meeting people :)

The joy of chutneys and pickles is that there is a very long shelf life, so anything left at the end of this year will be fine for next year.

Linda

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 pm

ooh the start of a new business

Return to “Recipes”