Pinterest

Pretty much anything with yarn, cotton, needles and thread
Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Pinterest

Postby Carolyn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

They need to make their boards private if they don't want others to see/pin it, it is very easy to do.

I am agreement with Sheilagh on this.

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

It's part of the Terms of Conditions of useage and you can't go around pining what you don't own or don't have permission to pin. It's called being in breach of copywrite which is illegal.

So as long as you use pinterst properly then you'll have no problems.
I don't mind people re pining what on my own boards as far as I'm concerned I've given my permission simply by pining them on pinterest.

I've only had one problem at that was due to someone re pinning one of my pins and without back link to me and claiming it as their own. They were very good about it when I contacted them and deleted it. Then they then tried again so the back link was there and put up an apology under the image which I was a bit surprised about.

You must only pin your own images and those you have permission to pin. Normally you can repin whatever already been pinned but do be aware sometimes you'll find you've re pinned something that the owner didn't say could be pin in the first place. If that happens pinterst will simply remove the re pin and let you know why ie the orginal owner has reported it and asked for it to be removed.

Best read the Terms and conditions of useage and keep in mind copywrite laws.

Melis

Postby Melis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 am

I'm happy for anyone to pin my pics. I'm also careful when pinning other peoples pictures. Now a days I only pin pictures that have a pin icon on their site. If they didn't want you to pin then they wouldn't have the symbol.

Melis

Return to “Knitting/crochet/needlecrafts”