Pinking shears...or something else?

Pretty much anything with yarn, cotton, needles and thread
DingleDel

Pinking shears...or something else?

Postby DingleDel » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:36 pm

I would like to try out a few fabric projects and have had a quick look at pinking shears. I don't want to spend a fortune but obviously need them to cut through fabric and felt cleanly.

Any recommendation please? OR should I be looking a something like rotary cutters? What's best please?
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Kath

Re: Pinking shears...or something else?

Postby Kath » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:30 pm

I would get pinking shears rather than a rotary cutter. But then I am better with scissors than a knife.

Melis

Postby Melis » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:34 pm

I bought some pinking shears but they were cheap ones and didn't cut felt very well. I think with things like them you get what you pay for.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm

My pinking shears are quite old, and are OK, not sure how much they would be new now. Like Melis think you get what you pay.

Now with regards to rotary cutter I love mine for straight lines, don't think I would be that good with curves though but do loads of straight lines. I bought a large cutting mat - inches on one side and cms on the other and a fiskars rotary cutter and a very old 18 inch steel rule and gets me great results, I fold my fabric in half and then half again lay on cutting mat so that my steel rule is longer than fabric, getting everything lined up on mat and get good squared cuts. My fabric is all folded selvedge together ready for this folding! I have not tried rotary pinking edge though....

Return to “Knitting/crochet/needlecrafts”