cazat81

Re: Christmas plans

Postby cazat81 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:59 am

We are all at my dads
Carole

annmarie

Postby annmarie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Caz - I hope you have a lovely time. Things have been a bit stressful for you lately, so I hope you will be blessed with a lifting of your spirits.
He that never knew sorrow of love never knew joy of it either

Medieval German

Blog at: http://www.anntiqueantics.blogspot.com/

Calv

Postby Calv » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:02 am

A quiet one for me.....well thats until the kids come back to mine at 4pm. :)

Up to my dads for lunch, then having a chilled out evening with the girls....thats it really. Hope everyone enjoys whatever they are doing.

Calv.

annmarie

Postby annmarie » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Best laid plans ..... about to go off to Mass this morning and couldn't find the keys to my machine - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH! Maybe dropped? Looked on floor. No. Wrong section of handbag? Looked in every one. NO ......Tipped out shopping bags onto floor. NO (again!) By this time had missed Mass .... eventually found them in handbag, in the first or second place I would have looked.

How come it took that long? Now safely in right place ready for tomorrow when the morning Mass is for my mum, on her first anniversary. I am so glad the weather is mild enough for me to get there, with my sister and her husband. We hope to have brunch afterwards (10 am is an early start on Boxing Day!) and they are coming for tea at about 4.30 which is the time my mother died, so we can remember her together.

So the next thing on my list is a pressie-wrapping session, so they are ready for tomorrow, and after that I will enjoy the Beef Wellington which is my Christmass treat. (Meanwhile I am eating too many of Sainsbury's lime tortillias ... )

Medieval German

Charliecat

Postby Charliecat » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I hope you have all had a lovely day. We (me, OH and StepD) went to visit my parents ths morning and my brother, his wife and their 3 grown children were there and one of my nephews announced they are having a baby! It's their first so that was nice.

Then we went home and put the turkey in, went to the pub, came home and put the spuds in then went to another pub, then went home and did the rest. Out neighbours came round for lunch, then the in-laws turned up at 4.00 and they are now all sat round watching Dr Who!

Full up and content!!!
Charliecat.x

annmarie

Postby annmarie » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:00 pm

For some reason I don't feel particularly Christmassy, even now .... maybe due to my mishap this morning, possibly due to actually having family tomorrow .... but I did enjoy my Beef Wellington! Followed it up with raspberries and raspberry yoghurt with meringue - not particularly Christmassy, but tasted good. I have mince pies and a sinful dessert for a nightcap if I fancy it.

Medieval German

Return to “Christmas”