Free marriage records on Ancestry.com

Interested in researching your family tree, some members share sites and experiences.
LizG

Free marriage records on Ancestry.com

Postby LizG » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 pm

If you have an account, or create one now, you can get free access to the marriage records; this will also cover marriages in the UK and other parts of the world.

I have been busy searching for some of my folks that emigrated to New Hampshire, USA. I had two ancestors that got married out there and had children out there. I have now got the marriage records for those children but there are no images. However they did give me the FHL film number and so have been searching on Family Search and found there is so much more on there these days. I have now got the marriage image for all of them and also the birth images for 3 out of the 5. You can also get the census images free, if they have digitised them, so I now need to see which ones I can get for my people.

Great find!!

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Free marriage records on Ancestry.com

Postby Carolyn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 pm

I had a quick look but don't think I have any that are outside of the UK that I need - but will have another check later.

LizG

Postby LizG » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 pm

You can also check UK

craftdancer

Postby craftdancer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for that Liz. I'm desperately short of time at the moment and the FH has been pushed to the background, but if I manage to find a bit of time soon I'll see if there is anything I need to look at (I know I've got distant relatives in Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand from various parts of the family tree).

Linda

CRAFT-DAFT-MUM

Postby CRAFT-DAFT-MUM » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Not sure if any of you are aware but Family search will now scan in and email you a copy of the certificates if you have the correct film number (they won't search for you).

I've done this and it was a very fast service (free), for a relatives marriage in New York in 1926.:

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... n_Services

The above explains it all, hope this helps some of you.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Interesting - I will have a look and see if there is anything I need, thank you

Return to “Family history”