angel policy and copyright question

Anything to do with stamping, inks and digis.
Carolyn
The Boss

Re: angel policy and copyright question

Postby Carolyn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:28 pm

I guess if in doubt don't put it on the internet. If I was asked to take something off the internet I would probably do it - I couldn't be bothered faffing about looking for policies etc, they should make it clear at the time of purchase.

cazzytoo

Postby cazzytoo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Well Docrafts say you can make with any of their products, but with licenced characters you have to be so careful. Disney is one to avoid!

cazzytoo

Postby cazzytoo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:20 pm

On SCS they say you need the permission from the individual designers to use Stamps Happen stamps for cards you sell. I got rid of most of my Inkadinkado stamps because they wouldn't give me permission - and I know it is unlikely they would find out unless I sold them online, but I also feel that now I know I can't do the deed.

I replaced my stamps with ones from companies who will allow me to sell my cards, and I have collected links to a lot of craft companies angel :angel: policies on my blog, for my own benefit as much as anything. The policies do change, so even if you think you know you can sell your cards the company can change it. For example Penny Black used to state you could stamp an image 36 times to sell, now you have to contact them to get permission, and not over use the stamps, and they asked me to email them a photo every time I make a card to sell with their images! :pcsmash:

If you look at the page on my blog you will see someone contacted me to tell me of her bad experience, she used a DoCrafts stamp of Forever Friends, and although DoCrafts state that you can sell your makes someone reported her to Hallmark who were not happy with people using these images that are licences to them, you can pretty much bet that licenced images such as those, Disney and some others cannot be used to sell cards because you are setting up in competition with the owners who also sell cards! :daze:

There are stamp companies such as Paperartsy and Crafty Individuals who have no restrictions.

Net

Postby Net » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:28 am

Crafters Companion have various images such as Peter Rabbit & Co where you are able to make, and sell, your cards using those images from rubber stamps (and CD's). I think they states (something like) 200 to sell for yourself and unlimited if its for charity.
If you don't know what to do with new stuff, hide it until you do!

http://caique-momma.blogspot.com/
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com

Return to “Rubber Stamping”