Unmounted stamps

Anything to do with stamping, inks and digis.
LizG

Unmounted stamps

Postby LizG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I have been given an unmounted stamp and wondered what experienced stampers prefer as a method of attaching their stamps to blocks ( ..... that must be anyone except me 'cos I am only just getting into stamping since Christmas :roflmao: )

Kath

Re: Unmounted stamps

Postby Kath » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Is it a clear one or a rubber one ,Liz? Clear ones adhere by themselves to the block, rubber ones I just use Pritt. Others use eazymount (or other sticky stuff I can't remember the name!) which you stick on your stamp. It adheres to the block then.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 pm

there is some advice here:

http://craftsbycarolyn.co.uk/proj_stamp ... stamps.htm

I use EZ mount -it does need a good wash every now and again as it does stop clinging. Some of mine I have never mounted and I just pritt stick it to a block and stamp, making sure that I am on a block of paper rather than something hard. I have read something like a telephone directory works well.

LizG

Postby LizG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 pm

It is a rubber (not clear) one, Kath.

Kath

Postby Kath » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

I just use Pritt on the block and use an old mouse mat to stamp onto. I wouldn't bother mounting it on EZ mount now. I have done but Pritt works better I think.

LizG

Postby LizG » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:24 am

I'll give it a try as I don't really want to fork out on EZ if it is no better......could use that money for some new crafty stash ..... :clap:

craftyhazelnut

Postby craftyhazelnut » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

I used to use Pritt, but a long while ago now bought some sheets of tack n peel - it sticks on to an acrylic block and then your rubber stamp sticks on to that - it lasts for ages.

I agree with Carolyn that it's good to have some cushioning underneath - gives a better impression.

x

Return to “Rubber Stamping”