Gilding flakes and stamping

Anything to do with stamping, inks and digis.
Carolyn
The Boss

Gilding flakes and stamping

Postby Carolyn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Just reading a trade mag, and it says combine gilding flakes with stamps and craft adhesive to produce stunning results. Anyone tried this? I have no idea what they mean

LizG

Re: Gilding flakes and stamping

Postby LizG » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I don't know either .... I have seen them do a bit of gilding on C&C but haven't tried it myself.

Kath

Postby Kath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 pm

I have heard of these but haven't used them.

Sue

Postby Sue » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 am

loads of demos on this at Ally Pally

not really my thing but impressive results
Sue xxx
Where does the time go?

My Gallery
My Blog

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 pm

So what do they do?

Tracey

Postby Tracey » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 am

I have done it a few years ago in a class.
We stamped with Stazon onto sticky backed acetate ( stamping on the non sticky side), removed the backing, dunked into a tub of flakes & brushed the excess off in the tub with a largle holed sponge. Rubbed it well to buff.
You can also apply a special adhesive with a sponge to a stamp, stamp with it & dunk in the tub & buff, or use versamark with stamp n bond ( or heat n bond, I forget which is the right name) powder ( like a embossing powder, but goes sticky when you heat it), then dunk n rub. I think we waited till the powder was cool.
It does look nice when it is done. I have only done it the once though, & must be about 5 years ago, so my memory is a little sketchy.
Gallery pics.
My Gallery
My Blogspot
challenges.
2-20Pts, 6-10Pts, 13-10Pts

Kath

Postby Kath » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

I saw this demonstrated at the weekend. She stamped with some sort of sticky stuff and then cleaned her stamp straight away. She dipped the image into a box containing the flakes then rubbed it off with her finger. Then she used a sponge sort of thing to polish it up. It looked lovely when finished.

RachelB

Postby RachelB » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Two ways to do this

1. Glue - use a two way glue ie it dries sticky. Was referred to as sailor glue at one point but also blue glue that dries clear usually in pen form but you can also get bottles of similar glue which you could make a temporary ink pad out of. Put on page either directly or ont a stamp and then stamp and clean immediately, sprinkle flakes over and use a tissue or soft cloth to rub over where glue is till everywhere flakes are covering the glue. You can leave slightly textured or burnish more

2. Use a Heat and Bond type powder which is basically a powdered glue that melts in heat and dries sticky (SU of course do one :-) as also they do a pen of the above glue) stamp in versamark or other sticky ink, sprinkle with powder just like embossing powder, heat and let cool then apply flakes and burnish as previously. You can also buy sheets of coloured foils to do this with (called foiling) rather than jst metallic colours and what you do then is the same process but rather than sprinkle flakes lay the foil sheet over rub over the top and peel excess away, burnish as previously
An Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since 2008! And Lovin' It!

Stampin' Up Blog (Check it out for the specials!)
Stampin' Website

Twitter @stampingurl
Facebook

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Sounds a bit different

Return to “Rubber Stamping”