Marianne Design Creatables Dies

SueF

Re: Butterflies- Marianne Design Creatables Dies

Postby SueF » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm

sheilagh wrote:I have only tried out 1 butterfly which has cut out nicely but I can't be doing with having to get all the bits out with a pin :anger:

I think they will be going on ebay

Sheilagh I wondered if some qk ejection foam might work on them???

Sue

Kath

Postby Kath » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 pm

I wondered about that.I don't know where you get it though?

SueF

Postby SueF » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:27 am

Kath wrote:I wondered about that.I don't know where you get it though?

found some 4x4 here Kath

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390168165598&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Sue

sheilagh

Postby sheilagh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 am

I had a go with some ejection foam on one side of the die and it does work better but it makes me cross if that is what we have to do to get them to work properly. The butterflies have so much detail that to sit there with a pokey tool or pin getting all the bits out, is not what I want to be doing.

Why can't they be like other manufacturers and supply the foam with the dies? If Kath was to buy some 4x4 ejection foam from that link, it straight away adds

carolineanne

Postby carolineanne » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 pm

I got mine yesterday...wonder if selotape would get the bits out...like it removes glitter...will try tomorrow.

Wight Witch

Postby Wight Witch » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 am

I got mine Saturday, but was out and about the grandchildren so did not get time to play.

I have just had a go and found the Butterfly LR0114 did not cut fully centre/top so I stuck a couple of my 3/5mm tiny foam squares (I use in decoupage) to the area on the back and is cutting great.

So before I used the Butterfly LR0113 I had a look at the back, you can see a very slight dip, so the metal is not totally flat, so again to the area I stuck a couple of the 3/5mm tiny foam squares (I use in decoupage) to the area and it cut fine first time.

The 3/5mm tiny foam squares are really flat now from being put though the Cuttlebug, but it has given of a lift in the dipped areas, enough for them to both to cut great.

I found a gentle upside down tap got 90% of the 'left cover' shapes out, but I have a little blunt hat pin which gets the rest out!

Cannot wait to try some other papers, I used 160gm paper.

What thickness card/paper are you girls using on yours?
Was wondering how thick these thin dies can take.

Kath

Postby Kath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:50 am

Oh that's a good idea Lesley. As soon as I have finished what I am doing I will have a go at that. I think I will try the sticky back foam stuff I have on a roll, because the whole middle is hard to cut. It should act the same as the ejection foam things shouldn't it. I'll let you know.

Kath

Postby Kath » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:54 pm

I emailed Craftsulove (where I bought the dies) and explained the problem of not cutting properly. They said we need to use a different 'sandwich' from the one on the packet. I tried their suggestion and it cut fine.Here it is for those with a cuttlebug.

A Plate
C Plate
2 x scrap pieces of Bazzill
The Die (put at the end of the plates and butterfly on its side so the antennae faces to left or right)
Paper/card to be cut
B Plate

Then roll through 2-3 times

I can see the problem if you have to use a pin though to get the pieces out of the die. I lost my pokey tool and it was awful using a pin. I have ordered another one so the problem should soon be resolved.

sheilagh

Postby sheilagh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:43 pm

I don't have patience like the rest of you.
We shouldn't have to go to all those lengths to get them to cut particularly as they aren't cheap. Anyway, I have sold 3 of mine already :)

Net

Postby Net » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 pm

That sounds an awful lot of faffing around to me. Pleased I didn't bother with them.
If you don't know what to do with new stuff, hide it until you do!

http://caique-momma.blogspot.com/
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

I don't have that much patience either Sheilagh - so clearly not for me.

Helen Mc

Postby Helen Mc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I was quite tempted by these, but don't think I'll bother now either

LizG

Postby LizG » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm

me neither and I had liked the look of the floral ribbon dies too .....but ......

been looking at the videos of the new cuttlbug products and love the look of that quilling die ...oh, but then I will need the longer mats ...oh dear!!!

Alba-Jane

Postby Alba-Jane » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:13 am

Kath wrote:I emailed Craftsulove (where I bought the dies) and explained the problem of not cutting properly. They said we need to use a different 'sandwich' from the one on the packet. I tried their suggestion and it cut fine.Here it is for those with a cuttlebug.

A Plate
C Plate
2 x scrap pieces of Bazzill
The Die (put at the end of the plates and butterfly on its side so the antennae faces to left or right)
Paper/card to be cut
B Plate

Then roll through 2-3 times

I can see the problem if you have to use a pin though to get the pieces out of the die. I lost my pokey tool and it was awful using a pin. I have ordered another one so the problem should soon be resolved.

Thanks for this Kath,I was not going to buy if had too much fiddling around but don`t mind now ....xx

Wight Witch

Postby Wight Witch » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 am

Wow, it seems like they are not deep enough to cut them?!

I have had no real problems with my two butterflies, so pleased with them both I have got a flower one coming too.
The only thing I found was, they do not like cutting fibre paper (ie mulberry paper) but never use that, I spent ages trying out different paper source to cut!

A very happy person here :)

Return to “Gadgets, Gizmos, Cutters and Punches”