Hougie Board

LizG

Hougie Board

Postby LizG » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

I saw the Hougie Board being used on Create and Craft today. Does anyone have one and if so what do they think of it?

I must say they were doing some lovely folded items on their and it made it look so easy. Currently I have a cheapie scoring board, just enough lines on it to make it worth scoring the centre of cards or a few lines on cards, but they are never in quite the right place for other than the centre of cards.

Kath

Re: Hougie Board

Postby Kath » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

I have a Martha Stewart score board and I love it. It also has an added bit which makes envelopes. Brilliiant. I bought it in the States as at the time you couldn't buy them here because of some copyright issue. I don't know whether this is still the same. Buying it there made it cheaper than the Hougie board even with the P&P.

Kath

Postby Kath » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Here is a comparison...not between the one you are looking at though.

http://craftingwithsue.blogspot.com/200 ... oring.html

Kath

Postby Kath » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 pm

craftyhazelnut

Postby craftyhazelnut » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Mum bought me a Hougie board for my birthday (well, I ordered it on the internet and she gave me the money).

So far I've made some rosettes.

I've got a couple of small boards, but the beauty of the Hougie is that it is 12 x 12 and cms one side and inches the other.

x

LizG

Postby LizG » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm tempted .... maybe I will add it to my list - you know, that one beginning with the third letter of the alphabet :roflmao: :roflmao:

Craftyjan

Postby Craftyjan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 pm

I love mine - the fact that it has cm on one side and inches on the other is very useful. I make a lot of shaped cards so use it a lot!
Love Janny x
Visit my cards at
www.picturetrail.com/janny3

Charliecat

Postby Charliecat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 pm

I really like my Hougie - the only problem I have is that is doesn't fit in my crafting bag when I go to crops :lol:

I would recommend it over other boards I have e.g wooden ones, and smaller ones.

Charliecat.x

SueF

Postby SueF » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 pm

I've had this on my 'to buy' list for ages :lol:

http://www.cuttingedgecrafts.co.uk/cart.php?target=product&product_id=24898

they've got one left here, free p&p - get it quick before I decide I have to have one :lol:

Sue

Cariad

Postby Cariad » Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

I have a Hougie Board and a Martha Stewart Board, Both have their pros and cons.
Pro's
The Hougie has nice deep grooves that are easy to score down. It has both inches and centimetre measurements. It has a nice carry handle on top. It comes with a score tool.
The MS board has more grooves than the Hougie so you can score smaller measurements down to 1/8ths of an inch. It has a nice box at the top were you an store your bone folder or embossing tools. It does come with an additional diagonal board to use for envelopes.

Cons.
The Hougie board only has groves at 1/4 inch spaces on the inch side so you can't score smaller than that. It doesn't have anywhere to store the scoring tool.
The MS board only has inch measurement, it doesn't have centimetre grooves.The grooves are quite narrow so it is easy to slip of off the groove when scoring thicker paper or cardstock.

Which one do I use the most? I use both but would say I use the MS more when making mini albums and the HB one when making cards

[url]http/notimeforwashingup.blogspot.com[/url]

Return to “Gadgets, Gizmos, Cutters and Punches”