How to create butterfly place card-which die/machine needed?

sabikeuk

How to create butterfly place card-which die/machine needed?

Postby sabikeuk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi,

I am looking for machine and cutting die to create wedding butterfly place cards (as per attached photo).

I was searching the internet but could not find anything particular.

Any idea would be really appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan
Attachments
Menovky_v_tvare__4b1bf22059c0c.jpg

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: How to create butterfly place card-which die/machine nee

Postby Carolyn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

I am sorry I can't help, although I am sure that you could design your own with a silhouette/craft robo. Maybe a bit expensive if you are just looking to do it for your wedding.

Mind you if you are doing it for you own wedding I wonder if any butterfly die would do - you only need do a snip either side of its body, and I bet you could do 2 or 3 at a time.

sabikeuk

Postby sabikeuk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Caroline,

no I would like to create those butterfly place cards for sale, therefore looking for the right machine to do the job.

Kath

Postby Kath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:43 pm

I suppose it would depend on how much you want to spend setting up your business really. I would think a craft robo would be worth while but they are not cheap. You could possibly get a die and use it in a Cuttlebug or Big shot more cheaply but this would take you longer to cut. A craft robo would cut a sheet at a time where as a Cuttlebug you would need to cut one butterfly at a time........unless you bought several dies. You would have to cut them by turning the handle to roll them through. With a craft robo you set it up to cut and leave it to get on.You can also vary the size with a robo which you can't do with a die cutting machine unless you have different size dies as well.
You would need to work out the cost of each and make a decision about which you can afford.
Hope that helps.

LizG

Postby LizG » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:55 pm

If you were doing it as a business then I would definitely go for an electronic cutting machine. There are different options;machines like the Cricut I think would mean you need to buy a cartridge to put in it but if only doing butterflies would just need the one cartridge but there would be many other designs on there; machines like the Craft Robo/Silhouette Cameo/Pazzle use designs that you can programme yourself, get freebies on the web or buy on the web.

If you google the names I have used then you will get ideas about prices for the cutters.

canne

Postby canne » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Would it not be possible to have a die made to your design, if this was just a one off, although you could cut a few at a time with one the heavier dies. Else I agree with what has already been said - an electronic cutter is the way to go!

RachelB

Postby RachelB » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Stampin Up do a large die with several butterflies on - you would still have to snip to attach to the glass though.

some images here

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=stamp ... 08&bih=829

Rachel
An Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since 2008! And Lovin' It!

Stampin' Up Blog (Check it out for the specials!)
Stampin' Website

Twitter @stampingurl
Facebook

Return to “Gadgets, Gizmos, Cutters and Punches”