A word of warning

JJ

A word of warning

Postby JJ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 pm

If you are thinking of buying a Cameo, don't buy from "Smart Shop UK" on Amazon. My Cameo came for my birthday with an american two pin
plug attached and a silly little english adapter, which didn't fit very well to the plug. The machine also didn't have any internal packing ie foam inside the machine to keep it firm in transit. Also the cutting mat kept jamming against the cutting strip. When I examined it I found the strip was fractionally raised in places. Even though Smart Shop UK said that all their products are new, I'm not so sure. Also Graphtec (who were extraordinarily helpful) said that the machine should not have been sold like this and that they could not find any reference to this company selling Cameo's with permission in the Uk.
Anyway, after many emails and sending the machine back, we have got our money back and I intend to buy directly from Graphtec.
Janet xxxxx

"""***********************************"""
As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never face the wrong way.

LizG

Re: A word of warning

Postby LizG » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 pm

How disappointing for you and am sure your DH must have been upset that all was not right. Glad you are getting it sorted and thanks for the warning.

JJ

Postby JJ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:26 pm

This might be retribution Liz, for "finding out" what my birthday present was before I got it. :)
Janet xxxxx

As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never face the wrong way.

Kath

Postby Kath » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:30 pm

How disappointing though. I think once you have got it sorted I would complain to Amazon as well. They might stop this shop from selling.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:43 pm

how disappointing - but glad to hear that it is resolved.

Return to “Gadgets, Gizmos, Cutters and Punches”