do you do fund raising? do you ever need donations?

All other crafts and crafty chat.
Carolyn
The Boss

Re: do you do fund raising? do you ever need donations?

Postby Carolyn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 pm

I have made this sticky and edited it for now....

craftyhazelnut

Postby craftyhazelnut » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Thank you, Carolyn and Nicola, for thinking of me. Yes, I do normally sell to raise money for Tearfund, although, sadly, because of John being so poorly, I was unable to have my usual September one this year. I also sell to help raise funds at our minimarket and church and also at mum's sheltered accommodation. Sometimes friends ask me to do a coffee morning for other charities.

I just love making cards and make a point of giving a percentage to charity so that I don't actually make any profit. I like to think that what I keep back for myself covers the cost of the materials I use, but in reality I think I spend much more than I get back, but John and I are fine with that because we see it as part of our opportunity to give to others.

Sometimes I receive things from generous crafters, for which I'm very grateful, but I would never dream of expecting it.

x

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 am

thought I would bump this post in case anyone is doing spring cleaning and has items they no longer need.

jake
Birthday Club Mod

Postby jake » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Unfortunately for now I've put the prem babies on hold for a while but they won't be going without as I know other ladies who are knitting for them :)

Nicki's Wrap Up A Kiddie has taken over my life now.........so if anyone has any wool, buttons, any other bits and bobs which can be used on the fleece hats and scarves then I would be very grateful. I'm also looking to expand my knitters so if anyone would like to join us you would be more than welcome and I can supply some wool and patterns if need be. There is no rush for any of the knitting as I wait till I've got a box full before sending to make the postage worthwhile.

TIA :)
Jackie xx
I design for
Debbi Moore
DewDrop Crafts
http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

My Gallery

LizG

Postby LizG » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Jake

Can you pm me your address please as I am sure I will have some buttons you could use.

Also if you could email me patterns I will see if I can interest anyone in my area. Ladies where my mother live use to knit for Kissizi Hosp in Uganda but the man that organises it down here is very poorly and they think he is giving up. Hopefully I could divert some goodies your way if that happens. There is also one lady at church who had shingles in her eyes earlier in the year and she can no longer see to cross stitch but has been knitting loads of little hats for Kissizi; she was so glad to find something useful she could do......am sure I could get her working on some bits for you as long as it was fairly plain.

This is the pattern for the little hats she is doing....it is so simple and quick that I do recommend it for anyone doing baby hats:

http://www.rayofhope.co.uk/ Click on the link to babyweat patterns A-Z at the bottom and then choose Baby Hat (HKP)

Zug Stitcher

Postby Zug Stitcher » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm

LizG wrote:Jake

Can you pm me your address please as I am sure I will have some buttons you could use.

Also if you could email me patterns I will see if I can interest anyone in my area. Ladies where my mother live use to knit for Kissizi Hosp in Uganda but the man that organises it down here is very poorly and they think he is giving up. Hopefully I could divert some goodies your way if that happens. There is also one lady at church who had shingles in her eyes earlier in the year and she can no longer see to cross stitch but has been knitting loads of little hats for Kissizi; she was so glad to find something useful she could do......am sure I could get her working on some bits for you as long as it was fairly plain.

This is the pattern for the little hats she is doing....it is so simple and quick that I do recommend it for anyone doing baby hats:

http://www.rayofhope.co.uk/ Click on the link to babyweat patterns A-Z at the bottom and then choose Baby Hat (HKP)

Hello Liz :angel: :angel:

Thank you so so much for all these great ideas - the knitting side of the project is expanding rapidly indeed.

Scarves, hats and mittens would be fantastic - plus anything for the new baby centre which is due to be up and running from 1st April onwards. Baby clothes, baby blankets etc for them would be really welcome - and they don't have to only be traditional baby colours as there are so many different ethnic backgrounds involved - good way to use up odd balls of bright colours. I took some primary colour baby cardigans with me last week and they were snapped up like hot cakes!!!

Back to cushions for me .... came home with 30 new orders!

THANK YOU again :angel: :angel:
much love
Nicki xxxxxx
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance”. Socrates

jake
Birthday Club Mod

Postby jake » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:49 pm

LizG wrote:Jake

I've pm'd you Liz...and as Nicki says, we will be grateful for anything :lol:
Thank you
Jackie xx

I design for

Debbi Moore

DewDrop Crafts

http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

My Gallery

Return to “Crafty Chat”