do you do fund raising? do you ever need donations?

All other crafts and crafty chat.
Carolyn
The Boss

do you do fund raising? do you ever need donations?

Postby Carolyn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:29 am

Kath suggested we could do with knowing what we could donate to Nicki for her charity project.....and I thought maybe Lucy might needs some jewellery bits? So if you have a charity project on the go and need any donations please post away and maybe we could clear out our cupboards.

so to summarise the posts below (read posts for more details)....

Zugstitcher - sews quilts and cushions for children - so is into anything fabric, including motifs, buttons etc
Lucylou - makes jewellery for an animal shelter so is into anything beady
Jake - knits for premature babies so needs wool suitable for babies no thinner than 4ply

I also know that we have a couple of other members that fund raise - but not sure if they could use anything

GreyParrot -
CraftyHazelnut -

...are there any more?

Lucylou

Re: Donations for charity projects? (nicki :)

Postby Lucylou » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Awww what a fab idea :)

I know that Nicki is far too modest about what she does, yet her work makes such a huge difference to peoples' lives. I have sent bits out to her, but it would be fab if she could make a "wanted" list so that people could donate items that are really needed!

I have heard some sad, sad stories from my (adult) counselling clients, many of them involving horrible childhood experiences, yet many clients are able to remember and talk about at least one happy time during their childhood and I can't help but think that in 20 years time, the children that Nicki helps might say "but one day a lovely lady from Switzerland send me a cushion she had made and hugging it it made me feel safe when I was scared".

Me- I have more than enough beads to play with, but if anyone has any spare, I will gladly use them to make things to sell for the donkeys or Nicki's project

Thanks Carolyn :angel:
Lucyx

My little pony

http://www.lucywilkinson.fotopic.net/p31081784.html

Stuck for inspiration? Check out the themed pages http://www.craftsbycarolyn.co.uk

Zug Stitcher

Postby Zug Stitcher » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Oh goodness me - I've only just seen this!!! THANK YOU so so much for the really kind thought - that is just wonderful.

We'll be in Sheffield at Xmas and my sister is happy to receive/store stuff for this project till we get there so no worries over expensive postage to me over here :-)

I'm just going to write down everything I use - this is by no means a wish list though! anything that fits the bill is more than welcome :-)

Fabric - cotton, light weight furnishing, gingham, very fine cord, are all fab. The only things I can't use are jersey (stretch), organza, satin and silk.

Nylon zips - any colour, not shorter than 12 inches. Maximum length no limit (I can shorten them).

Buttons - they go on the corners of the pockets on the back so not too big (nor too small). Colours - any really, but not black. I really don't use black things (oinly one exception so far - check out Zein's b/w football cushion!). i use 4 per cushion.

Ribbon - about 1.2mm wide is ideal. any colours, must jst be waashable. I need about 2m per cushion.

Bondaweb - this is to cut down on pinning all the names to the fronts. But thanks to Lucy and Shelagh I am really well off for that at the moment.

For the quilts I also use yards and yards of wadding - but obvioulsly that is better bought here. it costs SFr. 7 per metre (GPB about 3) and each quilt takes about a yard.

The cushions themselves are
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance”. Socrates

Nicola H

Postby Nicola H » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Thank you for the wonderful work you do!!

I'll have a rummage after Christmas and hopefully can find some goodies that fit the bill.

Lucy, do you only use sterling silver ear wires, or can you use silver plated too? I have quite a few misc. findings I can pass along :)

I know Hazel makes cards for raise money for Tearfund - Hazel, are there any supplies you are in need of for your charity cards?

:angel:

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Donations for charity projects? (nicki, lucy, hazel :)

Postby Carolyn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Grey parrot (Correna) might like something for her chicken fund raising too :)

anyone else up to anything else for fund raising?

Lucylou

Postby Lucylou » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

Nic- I used silver plated or sterling silver. Thanks :)
Lucyx

My little pony

http://www.lucywilkinson.fotopic.net/p31081784.html

Stuck for inspiration? Check out the themed pages http://www.craftsbycarolyn.co.uk

RachelB

Postby RachelB » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:23 am

Swiss Nicki can you pm me the address for your sister as I have a packet of bits I have had sitting here for a bit....

Rachel
An Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since 2008! And Lovin' It!

Stampin' Up Blog (Check it out for the specials!)
Stampin' Website

Twitter @stampingurl
Facebook

Zug Stitcher

Postby Zug Stitcher » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:33 am

RachelB wrote:Swiss Nicki can you pm me the address for your sister as I have a packet of bits I have had sitting here for a bit....

Rachel

Thank you so much Rachel - I'll do it right now ....

xxxx N.

susanne

Postby susanne » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:52 pm

RachelB wrote:Swiss Nicki can you pm me the address for your sister as I have a packet of bits I have had sitting here for a bit....

Rachel

Could you pm me too as I cut some felt shapes ages ago and nowI've seen this I can put some other bits together too x

Zug Stitcher

Postby Zug Stitcher » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Hello Susanne

Thank you so much in advance .-) I've just received 23 new names so every little helps :-)

Also been given about 35 Egytian cotton table cloths ranging from 90 x 90 cm to 280 x 280 cm. NO idea what i can do with those at the moment but will put up a brainstorming post and see if tehre are any good ideas out there!!

Thank you again
Lvoe
Nicki

PS I've pm'd you :-)

jake
Birthday Club Mod

Postby jake » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:58 pm

I'd like your sister's (I've got yours) address too please Nicki, I've got some fabric upstairs that you could maybe use. I've also got a load of shower curtain type material if you could use it for anything, it's blue (the sort of blue which is seen on Greek postcards :) )

I knit cardis and hats for prem babies so if anyone has any oddments of wool (preferably no thinner than 4 ply) I'm sure I can put it to good use :)
Jackie xx
I design for
Debbi Moore
DewDrop Crafts
http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

My Gallery

Zug Stitcher

Postby Zug Stitcher » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi tehre Jackie

I've just pm'd you - and i've got some wool here taht I'll bring with me to the UK and send form there if it is the right thickness and a suitable colour. I'll also ask my sister - she's a good source for things like this.

Take good care and thank you again

Love
Nicki xxxxxx

jake
Birthday Club Mod

Postby jake » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks Nicki :)
Jackie xx

I design for

Debbi Moore

DewDrop Crafts

http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

My Gallery

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:30 pm

jake wrote:
I knit cardis and hats for prem babies so if anyone has any oddments of wool (preferably no thinner than 4 ply) I'm sure I can put it to good use :)

that is lovely - do you do it for the local hospital or a central charity? Do you have set patterns?

...perhaps I should make a list of all of these things, I am sure some people have clear outs and then never remember who wants what.

Zug Stitcher

Postby Zug Stitcher » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 am

Carolyn wrote:
jake wrote:
...perhaps I should make a list of all of these things, I am sure some people have clear outs and then never remember who wants what.

That's a really good idea Carolyn - it would be great to ahve a kind of "who uses what for charity" list that we could check everytime we clear out the cupboards :-)

xxxx N.

Return to “Crafty Chat”