What Crafting do you have on go atm?

All other crafts and crafty chat.
Carolyn
The Boss

What Crafting do you have on go atm?

Postby Carolyn » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I started a pinterest thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=57357

but thought I would start a new thread to find out what you are all up to not just knitting, as Sheilagh is getting up to some new things:

sheilagh wrote:I know what you all mean. I had heard people talking on here about and finally took the plunge. I don't think I have any patterns on there Carolyn that would be what you are after.

http://www.pinterest.com/sheilagh338/
The hours just go particularly when you get a message to say someone has pinned one of your pins so you just have to go and look at their stuff - and it goes on and on.

At church we have a craft group which I have joined. Whilst people just come to natter and do whatever they want, we also sell stuff we have made so it gives me an outlet for all the different things I dabble in. They are part of something called the Millennium group and they have raised

LizG

Re: What Crafting do you have on go atm?

Postby LizG » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Most of my projects on the go are the knitting I put on the other thread. Life doesn't stop at that though.

I am currently checking all the goodies I have been given for Kids Co and now have to list them all and a value to each item - all part of their admin. I asked for buttons at church as all of us are running out of buttons and I have been very lucky with the response and am busy ividing up into 4 parcels; one for each of us. Mum (she is nealry 92) tends to only knit hats and mittens now and so doesn't need buttons.

I still do a swap parcel each month with two friends and we all take it in turns to choose the topic for the month. I meet with one of them twice a month where we will sit and make cards from our parcels. It means I get a nice range of cards to sell at church and all the money goes to pay for the refurbishment of the church.

I am sure everyone is in the same boat as me ....... not enough hours in the day to do all I want to do and I don't even have to try and squeeze work into my busy life. In fact I have been so busy that I haven't even installed my latest copy of Paint Shop Pro on my new laptop, let alone get to grips with Windows 8 or looking at getting a Pinterest Board
I have bought some fineline pens and fancy a bit of a dabble in zentangles.

Melis

Postby Melis » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:03 am

I have been repairing some of my scrapbook pages. I used tape rollers (permanent glue) and it has gone hard and lost its sticky so lots of the photo mats and titles have moved. I am now using a PVA glue as that seems to hold everything.

I did make the earrings using little bells. I've also made some packets (where you make a tube, stick one end then stick the other the opposite way) and put some bath confetti in them.

Melis

Kath

Postby Kath » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 am

Sounds good, Melis. Are you going to show us?
Have you tried the zentangles yet, Liz? We need to see that as well! :)

JJ

Postby JJ » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am

I've gone back to pottery classes after a 13 year gap. I had forgotten how much I love doing it. If I can get my act together I hope to make a few christmas presents. I have a "green man" face for my friends garden on the go at the moment.
Janet xxxxx

"""***********************************"""
As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never face the wrong way.
"""***********************************"""

kenspeckle

Postby kenspeckle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 pm

I have to get some more jewellery made for a craft fair on 16th Nov, but other than that I have no time for anything at the moment :(
Spending all my spare time sorting out elderly relatives and associated problems which means I am away a lot.
The chairs I am wanting to re-cane are languishing in the garage, while the cane is still in the package it came in, sitting on the diningroom chair since the middle of September. Maybe in the New Year when the current problems have been resolved I will actually get some 'me' time! :roll:

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:06 pm

sounds like we have a variety of things going on, pottery sounds good JJ, I guess you have joined a 'new' place fin your new town.

Sorry to hear that crafting is taking a back seat Clare, like you say maybe in the new year :)

I made a small batch of cards as a friend of mine wanted one with a sewing pattern on. So have made a few to give her a choice. I also sold 2 cardis on the market and 2 hats last week. Whilst they don't make me any money it gives me the price of the wool back. So I fancy having a go at more hats, and have ordered some double ended pins and some circular needles - short ones. hence all the searching around on pinterest.

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Apart from lots of knitting, crochet and a wee bit of patchwork and embroidery I'm in the middle of making jams, maramlades, pickles, and infused olive oils.

My dinning room table is almost covered in an assortment of filled jars and bottles. Also two bottle of homemade spiced juices in the freezer that will be used Christmas / New Year as hot non alcoholic drinks along with the mulled wine. I still have a mountain of shopping to do and baking.

I also have the choir rehersals for the Carol by candlelight service coming up on top of normal band practice. Just hope my voice holds and these pins and needles stop in my hands as playing guitar is not easy with pins and needles.

SueF

Postby SueF » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:32 pm

I've managed to make 4 cards this month - seem to have got my enthusiasm back :lol:

Sue

Calv

Postby Calv » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Maddy and i are getting stuck into a couple of projects to help the homeless through what will undoubtedly be a really bad winter. Lots of knitting for "The Rucksack Project", where you donate a rucksack full of the essential basics for a homeless person (sleeping bag, flask, warm clothing etc).

Also doggy products for the dogs of the homelesss, (leads, collars, warm coats, snoods etc.

Nice to see everyone busy. :-)

Calv.

RachelB

Postby RachelB » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:10 pm

I have been helping organise and market our Warwick Pop Up Craft Fair if any of you are around and about runs till 21Dec and we are open Thur through Sat 10 till 5 .

Just knitted myself a lovely cable scarf and can see a few more of these happening as Chrissy pressies as they are quick. But also cards, boxes, santa keys, pin cushions, gift tags, earrings, decoupatch boxes, covered notebooks and pens, felties and more for the stall. Mostly hair clips and bobbles at the moment moving on to cards for some orders and also some favour boxes......

SO PLENTY i think - ROFL

Find the twitter warwickcraftpop and FB A Handmade Christmas - Warwick or webbie www,ahandmadechristmas.co.uk

All fun and games
An Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since 2008! And Lovin' It!

Stampin' Up Blog (Check it out for the specials!)
Stampin' Website

Twitter @stampingurl
Facebook

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:35 pm

glad to see you are crafting Rachel. I have just finished a chunky waistcoat,

Return to “Crafty Chat”