tablet stand

All other crafts and crafty chat.
Melis

tablet stand

Postby Melis » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:00 am

On sewing quarter they made a tablet stand. The date was Sat 30th Sept and it was the third hour. The measurements she used was a rectangle 20" by 10" and a handle. She then used poly pellets to fill it but it didn't look stuffed enough to me. I think it also needed the sausage at the front to give it a finished look but on the whole it looked really easy to make. I know you make these Carolyn. Do you follow a pattern and instructions?

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: tablet stand

Postby Carolyn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 pm

I have a piece of fabric 22 x 15

fold in half so 11 X 15 sew along the 11 inch and then down the 15 inch - I leave a gap in this bit as I have the seam underneath - just an inch from the top as you will use to fill. I also put a ribbon loop about an inch into the 11 inch - I use this for hanging it up.

Then squash it flat to make a humbug shape and then sew the last 11 inches - ie the seam is in the middle of the 6inch.

Turn the whole thing right side out and fill with poly beads. I fill until there is about 3 inches fabric unfilled. The trick is to have a clip handy and then peg it shut, and then give it a try, best to underfill and add, overfilling is a pain to empty out! you can move your tablet high and low if you get the filling right.

really simple to make, poly beads go everywhere - but i love mine. They are good for books too

http://craftsbycarolyn.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=tablet

just realised I put this on the blog!

Melis

Postby Melis » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:49 am

I thought you had told us how to do these before. Forgot to check your blog. I love the fabric you used.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:37 pm

I saw the sewing quarter video - hers were square, not sure I thought that is the right shape.

I used polystyrene beads so really light.

Return to “Crafty Chat”