Aldi craft products

All other crafts and crafty chat.
Melis

Aldi craft products

Postby Melis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 am

Next Sunday aldi is doing craft stuff. Fat quarters, sewing machines, wool, storage etc. I think you can order some items online. Unfortunately I am working but I will make a list for hubby.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Aldi craft products

Postby Carolyn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:36 pm

will see what is on the website :)

Melis

Postby Melis » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Gary went and bought me 4 different fat quarter packs. That was all they had left. Some packs had 6 pieces of fabric and the Peter rabbit packs had 5 f/q's.

It isn't the best quality but will be fine for some cheap projects.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:35 pm

I went and bought a floral one. Like you say not the best quality. I did buy 3 tea towels with cacti on them. Thought they were quite quirky. Sadly the print is the wrong way to make a shopping bag.

Melis

Postby Melis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:44 pm

I'm hoping to do a bit of crafting over the next few days. I have just worked 4 days including 2 days starting a 4.45 a.m. :o I'm not in work now until next week.

What are you planning on making with your fabric?

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 pm

absolutely no idea....i have been sidetracked these last few weeks with:
arranging for a new bathroom and downstairs toilet to be bought and fitted in a couple of weeks
Paul and hospital visits as he has kidney problems and may even end up on dialysis :(
mother in law in hospital and now in a care home so been to Taunton a few times :(
my mum been in hospital and now out - although only went for few days
PC crashing and lost lots of stuff, now building a new one - and realised that i had other things!
and major things at work where they are deleting my post and giving me a job i don't want as it is nothing like what I do now!

Phew

But i really want to sew, so want some inspiration and might try and find some time at the weekend

ooh that was a really early start - and dark and cold brrr...you deserve some sew time :)

Melis

Postby Melis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 am

Gosh, you have been busy and not in a good way.

So yesterday I decided to have a bath (in my craft room as the wall still hasn't been built) and Gary came down and washed my back. As he left, he knocked over the door stop which WAS a big glass bottle of very cheap champagne. It seeped under the units and went over loads of boxes of craft stuff. Everything had to be moved and cleaned so I didn't get any crafting done but I did sort out a few boxes and have a pile of things to donate to a local school.

Today I am sewing a new door stop! :wink:

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:48 pm

oh well alls well that ends well! was it sticky?

have almost got all of the things for the bathroom now, so feeling a but more relaxed about that, be glad when it is all done, as that will be an upheaval I guess, but looking forward to a new bathroom. Will need to paint the remaining walls once it is finished

Melis

Postby Melis » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:21 pm

I've almost got the room back to normal. The garden room still hasn't been plastered but it is lovely having a bath. It is too damp to do it yet as I need to move my craft stuff outside and we don't have more than a couple of hours without rain.

Melis

Return to “Crafty Chat”