Hello Again

Tell us a little bit about yourself, your interests, where you live, your family etc. Don't forget to fill in your profile from the top menu.
elaina

Hello Again

Postby elaina » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:52 am

Hi everyone. I first joined this forum in 2007 but I have not been on here in quite some time due to illness. However I am feeling a lot better now and so I have revamped my blog, I am re-activating my forum memberships and I am becoming an active member of the crafting community again.

So let me (re)introduce myself. Since I was here last we moved to Stoke Ferry (a small village near Kings Lynn) Norfolk where I live with my Husband, Daughter and selection of pets. I dabble in most crafts but I am predominantly a card maker with stamping being my technique of choice.

My other love is traditional embroidery techniques such as Silk Shading, Goldwork, Whitework and Black Work. I was privileged in that I was able to spend 3 years studying at the Royal School of Needlework which is based in Hampton Court Palace. That is an experience I will never forget.

Well I have a lot of posts to catch up on so I had better get started...lol

craftdancer

Re: Hello Again

Postby craftdancer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 am

Welcome back Elaina - to the forum and to crafting.

I would love to hear more about your experiences at the Royal School of Needlework. I would have been delighted to be able to have some involvement - even a workshop or short course - but unfortunately I don't see that ever happening. I love blackwork, but don't get chance to do it very often.

Linda

Melis

Postby Melis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:41 am

Welcome back. I'm looking forward to seeing all the stuff you do.

Melis

Kath

Postby Kath » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Welcome back. I look forward to seeing what you make.

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Welcome back lovely to hear from you again :) looking forward to seeing what you are making.

kenspeckle

Postby kenspeckle » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Welcome back Elaine! It's a lot quieter here than it was back in 2007, but we look forward to seeing what you've been making :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”