Pray diary I made and the begining of a new journal

Share your creations to help inspire others.
Aisles

Pray diary I made and the begining of a new journal

Postby Aisles » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:32 pm

The outside is padded and covered in a piece of fabric I found in my stash, the inside is also padded and lined with some leftover pink cotton fabricImage

Inside the pages are all different some are decorated, some painted, some paper mache and some plain white with cut out edges or left plain. This is where pray requests are recorded and there are pockets with bible verses and people's names on that people take out and pray for for a week then they replace the name tag and take another for the next week. There's also a pocket containing tags that contain a pray.

And here's how far I've got on my new projectm a journal out of recycled materials. These are painted panels some with paint effects some will have some stencilling done to them later.

Melis

Re: Pray diary I made and the begining of a new journal

Postby Melis » Wed May 11, 2016 4:05 pm

I thought I had commented on this ages ago.

It is a wonderful piece of art work with so many different elements in these projects. Have you finished the journal?

Melis

Aisles

Re: Pray diary I made and the begining of a new journal

Postby Aisles » Thu May 12, 2016 10:25 am

I've not finished the seconded journal all the signutures are now hand sewn in. The inside cover is padded and covered in vintage material with a vintage embroidery and crochet edged pockets. The outside of the cover now has it's padding and I'm working on the fabric that will complete the outside cover. I'm using vintage linens, that are past their best, so I'm cutting the best bits and sewing them together to make single piece. I will be adding some beading as well.

Return to “Show and tell your completed projects”