What's everyone up to?

Share your creations to help inspire others.
DingleDel

What's everyone up to?

Postby DingleDel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:39 am

It's been VERY quiet on here, what is everyone up to?

We had a leak from the hand basin in our downstairs toilet so I decided to redecorate last weekend. It started off well but after a hectic week and then a fall on Friday, it is still in some state of disrepair!!!! :o Me and my silly ideas! :doh

Rather painting I decided to rest my aching bones and do some beading yesterday. Made another 3 bracelets. I need to look at a better way to transfer from one stitch to another as I don't like the way it looks on the back! :-?

I am also looking at some bead storage ideas....because I want MORE beads. :wink: :wink:
Attachments
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Kath

Re: What's everyone up to?

Postby Kath » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Those are lovely Adele. What do you do with them? Do you sell them or are they presents for yourself or friends?

DingleDel

Postby DingleDel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Thank you Kath. To be honest I am not sure yet, I am hoping to get a few together and attempt at selling a few but not sure how/where yet.

Carolyn suggested the Country Markets but my most suitable one is only on for an hour or so every week and according to one of the organisers they are quite limited with customers and have a lot of craft stuff which is slow selling. I wouldn't mind giving it a go but I need to weigh up a few things first.

It would take me about a 40 minute round trip on a Saturday morning, so it's not just my time but also the consideration of care for Amelia and my fuel costs as well as the 12.5% fee I'd need to pay for any sales. Unless I look at pricing carefully, I would probably be at a loss. If I price too high, I am unlikely to make any sales anyway so it seems a no win situation.

It's a shame as I really liked the idea of being part of a little community! :cry:

Perhaps online selling would be better for me to try but where and pricing is so difficult! :roll:
Adele.

http://www.dillydallydingle.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/dingledel/

Stampin Up! Demonstrator for Medway, Kent and wherever life takes me!

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:46 pm

nothing really, been gardening and even some ironing. Sorted out the photos of holiday and also putting some on my blog.

Here are the 2 albums that we took:

my photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1078862983 ... 2970476369
my husbands:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1078862983 ... 8389091937

Bought a load of jeans at Barnados shop yesterday as they had 4 for £1 in kiddies and £1 each for adults...so all washed now and ready to start work on. But sun is out now, so undecided.

OOh I did start a christmas tree decoration in cross stitch that I bought last year.

http://www.3dcrossstitch.co.uk/Categori ... tegoryId=3

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Adele - did you look at Etsy? How much would you like to get back from them after any commission is taken? eg how much have they cost with a bit added on for yourself?

this is mine - but everything has expired :( might get it up and running for Christmas. http://www.creativeharbour.etsy.com

Melis

Postby Melis » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:42 pm

I haven't done much recently. I have put a small advert in our village booklet (which comes out each month) to start doing card making in September.

This morning I was relaxing with a cuppa when I could hear noises from outside. I did think it was a bit early (before 8 ) for the neighbours to be doing DIY but I couldn't see who was doing it. It stopped then started again about 10 minutes later. I finally thought I would investigate by going through the conservatory into the garden and having a look. The noise was not from neighbours, it was the red legged partridge attacking its reflection in the glass of the conservatory. It just looked at me as if to say "yes, and what do you want"? before running past my legs and going to the other end of the garden to be with his friend. It did it again a couple of times then flew away.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:03 pm

hee hee - funny bird :)

good luck with the classes

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:41 pm

great beading :)
hehehe funny bird :)

Well I went away to Pembrokeshire with friends to stay at their parents little cottage. We had a brilliant time, did a walk, baked cakes, bread, did a wee bit of hand sewing and crochet, we did some star gazing, went to a farm to buy cheese, a small brewery for some real ale, played ball with friends kids and Garrett the dog in the cottage garden with the rams watching us. Garrett the dog wouldn't go anywhere near the fence when they were watching. He still very nervous of those big wool covered animals lol

We had a bbq but just as we sat down in the garden to eat the rain started so we decamped back into the cottage.

We had a lovely meal at a pub in Newquay and went to our favouorite antique shop where this time I bought vintage steam train postcards and vintage linens. DH bought 2 vintage metal files, and a Book on Steam trains.

We then all went to a open farm that also had a zoo, and a vintage funfair which was inside. So we acted like big kids and took the children on rides. We took the tractor train ride around the farm to see the rear breeds.

Of course we stayed up late chatting, laughing and playing board games. There's no TV, no internet and no mobile phone reception so we had a very non techie holiday it was brilliant.

I'm now wading through all the washing ugh at this rate I'll need another holiday.

Tomorrow its my birthday so DH is taking the day off and we are going out for the day. He asked me last night where and what I wanted to do and I said Maplins I need to buy their plastic boxes for my knitting yarn.

Melis

Postby Melis » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:17 pm

'maplins' :lol: You know how to party!!!

Glad you had a great time away. We went to a place called Aberporth years ago and it was wonderful. We did have a TV but didn't watch it. Loved reading, crafting, walking along the coast etc.

Melis

Sue

Postby Sue » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Fabs photos boss - some look very familiar - cant wait to go again
Sue xxx
Where does the time go?

My Gallery
My Blog

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:29 pm

thank you :) have to say was a lovely relaxing time

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:37 pm

sounds like a nice holiday Aisles, not sure about Maplins for a birthday treat :)

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Carolyn wrote:sounds like a nice holiday Aisles, not sure about Maplins for a birthday treat :)

Carolyn Maplin's in Reading was great they didn't have every thing I required so they got the Farnborough shop to reserve some items for me. Now I can start using my new window seat/craft cupboard.

I had a nice birthday lunch at a tearoom at a farm followed by buying more crochet/knitting yarn and went to the cinema to watch the very funny 'Absolutely Fabulous' film. :banana: :cooldance:

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:49 pm

Sounds good

Melis

Postby Melis » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:22 am

Had planned on going down to Plymouth today but my cold is so draining, I don't think I would have the energy to do the things we wanted. We were planning on checking on our little boat that is still sitting on a friends farm, visiting a friend who doesn't get out much and then having tea at Frankie and Bennies before watching Ab Fab at the cinema.

So instead I am popping pills, sniffling, sneezing and getting my chest rubbed with vic.

Melis

Return to “Show and tell your completed projects”