cafetiere cosy

Share your creations to help inspire others.
Carolyn
The Boss

cafetiere cosy

Postby Carolyn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:14 pm

this is the mini one - as i am using mine quite a bit and it kind of makes 1 and half cups and goes cold.

cosy2 - Copy.JPG

cosy4 - Copy.JPG

cosy3 - Copy.JPG

so quick to make although it took me a few attempts to get the shape right, have made a pattern now!

Melis

Re: cafetiere cosy

Postby Melis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 pm

very stylish. I could do with one of those. My coffee goes cold when I make a caffettiere. I only use it in the summer when we sit outside.

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:08 pm

I couldn't decide whether to make the 'jacket' style - but i am not convinced that would keep it warm and more for looks.

So you can only pop it on after the plunger has gone down, but it worked fine.

Melis

Postby Melis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am

Did you use ordinary wadding or did you use something that reflects heat back? I might have a go at making one. Any tips? :)

Melis

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

No just used ordinary polyester wadding - seemed to keep it warm enough, not tried the stuff with 'foil' in.

I currently have polyester - just the 2 ounce one - the thicker staff does get harder to use, and seems to do the job for most things I have done.

i have also bought some cotton (with some polyester) from Dunelm as managed to get end of roll - think they sell as curtain lining. This gives a different 'finish' as not as puffy or as stiff as polyester - so this is quite nice for zipped bags.

My mini one I cut 2 squares of lining, outer and wadding 7.5 inch wide and 8.25 tall rounded off top corners - use a plate - did take me a couple of attempts to get the right roundness!

Then put wadding, outside face up, inside face down, sewed all along bottom - both halves. Open out and then put right sides together, sew all around leaving gap on inside to turn...does that make sense

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm

ooh and i added a loop - I often do a couple of stitches to hold in place on one half rather than pin so I know it is straight, as can be quite frustrating when it comes out wonky

Melis

Postby Melis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank you for the tips.

Melis

Return to “Show and tell your completed projects”