Selling plants :)

We crafters enjoy a bit of gardening...so anything to do with the garden goes here!
Carolyn
The Boss

Selling plants :)

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 pm

I have encouraged Owen to take cuttings from plants around the garden and I also bought 48 plug plants that were reduced at a local garden centre.

I then asked for plants pots on freecycle, and someone offered some patio pots as well :)

So far he has sold over

Net

Re: Selling plants :)

Postby Net » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Winter bedding can be covered while its being grown on. Then its fine outside, it has to be hardy for the inclement weather. I think winter pansies are the most popular.
If you don't know what to do with new stuff, hide it until you do!

http://caique-momma.blogspot.com/
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm

thanks Net - I like the little violas

cazat81

Postby cazat81 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:38 am

Most definately Pansys and Violas very popular, especially so for the hanging baskets and tubs. Also Ivy is another good plant filler for the winter baskets. Primulas and Primroses are quite popular too - especially so for the beds and borders. Some people pull them up after each flowering season and discard them. My dad pulls his up each yr. packs them up in a sturdy box of soil and keeps them watered ready for the next winter planting, usually splits them before replanting. Well done Owen on being so enterprising... and of course well done on you Carolyn being so encouraging :angel: We have a local social enterprise who make up the winter/summer baskets for you and also offer a watering service while your away on holiday. Our local church has a plant sale each yr. sells cuttings as well as plants that have been split, it is always very popular, this yr. it raised a staggering

Carolyn
The Boss

Postby Carolyn » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:23 am

I am the sales and marketing manager! I take them to the Country Market stall every Thursday and have taken some to a 'co-operative' run craft/bric a brac place in Hexton. A lady at work bought some this week too - and she wants a few more on Monday.

If we had more 'outlets' I am sure we could have done a few more.

Helen Mc

Postby Helen Mc » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 am

Wow that's brilliant. Plant sales are very popular here. Herbs and veg plants also go well

Return to “Gardening”