Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Coming Events:              

Board index » Chat » Recipes, gardening & reading corner » TV, films & books

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:28 pm 

Oh yeah currently reading Pidgeon Post by Arthur Ransome - I always wanted the full set and Hubby is slowly buying them me for my birthday! I have six now - I love these books and reread them all the time.

Haven't read novels for ages - but I liked the Shopaholic ones as well - although they got a bit samey. I like Chick Lit but i do like a bit of meat to the story rather than it beign too predictable

I just found out the Mobile Library stops right outside our house every 3rd Tues so I maybe seeing how things go with raiding that - you can apparently order as well - it will make a nice break from the usual work day to pop out for 10 mins and pick up a few books....

Rachel

Stampin' Up Blog (Check it out for the specials!)
Stampin' Website

Twitter @stampingurl
Facebook

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:47 pm 

I'll let you know rachel :D

I keep thinking I should join the library, I just got bored of joining every couple of years when I moved, but I'm not planning on moving again for a while so I should make an effort shouldn't I!

The album we made is more than a book.
It's worth even more than the time that it took.

My Blog
My Moonwalk Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 pm 

I've just started reading the book that was made into the Golden Compass film. I am really enjoying it already although I am only up to page 40 something!

I read a book about a knitting club but it was on Wednesdays? It might be the same author though. I can't check as I gave it to a sale a couple of weeks ago.

Charliecat.x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 pm 
The Boss

Our book club is run with the library - and we get all the books through them, so we do not have to pay for any

Crafts by Carolyn - for loads of projects, tips and freebies
My Blog & Pinterest
Facebook & My Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:10 pm 

It is really lovely to hear people's passion about their favourite literature and to discover other author's genres.
Currently reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse, predictable but has some interesting plots and settings so am persisting (but do want a change!).

I am a very slow reader and have around 70 books stacked up :oops: !!
Interspese suspense/thrillers (Koontz, Deaver, Coben etc) with autobiographies by Rugby Union players. Martin Johnson is on top of that particular pile (mmmmmm!)

x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:13 pm 

also....

Shakespeare's Sonnet's are usually around the bedroom, still trying to fathom some!

Want to re-read Waystation to the Stars, by an Astronaut's father, some intense, gripping moments, compelling, inspiring and educational. I will never complain about my computer crashing ever again! My life does not depend on it, but in space, it is your lifeline.
May your gimbles never lock,
x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:23 pm 

At present I am reading 'Bare Bones' by Kathy Reichs. I like her books.I really enjoy the books by JDRobbs as well.They are about a new York Detective in the years 2060 or there abouts. I didn't think I would enjoy a futuristic sort of book but I can recommend them.

I like detective stories, adventure stories. I am an avid reader.I buy often, borrow from the library and also frequent the charity shops. :)

Kath

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 am 
The Boss

I like detective stories too - I read a Peter Robinson on holiday and enjoyed that - I have another to read as I bought them both of our local charity stall.

I have just read Isla Dewar - Secrets of a family album which was a very nice read - not sure what you would classify it as.

My Blog & Pinterest
Facebook & My Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 am 

Currently reading "The Pirate's Daughter" by Margaret Cezair-Thompson. Recommended.

CQ

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:06 am 

I haven't sat and read a book in ages, which is really unlike me as I love reading..

90% of mine being either Stephen King/James Herbert or Dean Kootz.. the other 8% being mainly crime related... and the last 2% girlie reads and autobiographies..

The last book I started, was the Richard Hammond Autobiography... really should finish it..

Website blog - http://dewdropcraftz.blogspot.com/

Now also the proud official distributor of the Cougar Electronic Cutter machines..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:52 am 

I have just finished reading 'Johnny be good' by Toone Paige. I t was really good although the ending seems to be a bit rushed which is a pity. Her first novel was really good - 'Lucy in the sky'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:10 pm 

I don't read unless I am on holiday - something to do with not being able to relax enough at home - always something to do etc etc :o , but so that i do get some relaxation time I go for long walks with a talking book in my Walkman.

I have an Ipod but haven't yet mastered the art of loading a book from the CDs from the library. I can load music and play it but its the separate chapters or discs that beat me :roll: :(

However, I have just discovered that the library have started stocking books on MP3 players so took 3 away with me The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater, The Island by Victoria Hislop and A thousand days in Venice by Marlena de Blasi. Their stocks are a bit limited but I did get a Maeve Binchy one a couple of weeks ago.

Sheilagh

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:39 pm 
The Boss

That sounds like a good idea. How do they do the MP3 files then? On cds?

My Blog & Pinterest
Facebook & My Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm 

Our library has started to do talking books on MP3s. John borrows a lot of talking books - still prefers cassettes because he can control the buttons better, but most now are on CDs - not so easy to go back on if you happen to snooze a bit (as happens to John sometimes!). Recently he got an MP3 player one for the first time ... and it didn't work!

Love Hazel

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:34 pm 

I have talking books form Calibre-a charity for the blind but you can also join if you have a disability that prevents you reading(I can't hold a book up for long to read it) I'm currently working through their PD James collection

My Blog

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Chat » Recipes, gardening & reading corner » TV, films & books