Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:26 pm 

Our Kathie makes some really good ones herself... :wink:

http://caique-momma.blogspot.com/
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm 

oh my isnt it funny --- those little mini labels .. just like the real thing ... i wondered how they got them ... wonder if the scan the label in from the sweet then reduce the size , print them out and use that or do it by transfer ?? you its wierd isnt it ... cos that in itself is copying - especially the wonka bars ...
I use to love doing earrings - you get a result so quick -- my favs were my spotted dogs lol... i once did little take off of the spice girls lol went down a treat in primary schools !

im doing ginger bread men at the moment ..
like your frogs kathie
maddy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:54 pm 

Thanks Net :D But mine aren't anywhere as good as the lady on ebay or Kish that I posted the link to. Maybe if I spent more time playing with my clay they would improve, but my clay is one thing that I have to tidy away as I do it in the kitchen :( so haven't done any claying for ages

Thanks Maddy for the compliment on my frogs - these and the other animal keyrings have gone down pretty well. I don't know how she does her labels, but yep got to agree that really they are copying and probably a lot of the miniatures we make are really in breach of copyright or something. Maybe Mr Kipling wouldn't like that I've done miniatures of his fondant fancies!

Kathie

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm 

Wow, fantastic I love those, they're amazing.

I think the copying issue here is really woolly, as surely anyone could copy well know sweets?! Unless they're copyrighted like cartoon characters.

I suppose it comes down to what you make the sweets into afterwards, a bracelet yes anyone could go onto make a bracelet with the sweets but it'd depend what other style beads, findings etc they use then if someone copied someones who bracelet idea exactly, I'd call that copying, blatantly so. Does that make sense? Makes my brain ache thining about it.

I thought there was some sort of regulation that you shouldn't sell things which look like sweets if they're not edible, but I might have imagined it as it was a while ago now - Actually thinking about it I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that if anyone happens to know.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Helping » Other crafts » Plastic and Clay