The Crop-a-Dile technology is now available as a corner rounder! After yet another silly battle with my X-Cut corner rounder, I caved and bought the Corner Chomper. It has the same sturdy feel as the Crop-a-Dile, is easy to use and will chomp through chipboard, mountboard, acetate etc as well as regular cardstock so it's great if you want to make your own notebook covers, clipboard bases etc. You can choose whether to have 1/8" or 1/4" radius for your rounded corner which also means you can nest two layers and have the rounded corners properly parallel to each other.
- Cuts through heavy weight materials
- High quality, it feels virtually indestructible!
- Gearing makes it surprisingly easy to use, even on thicker stuff
- Two-in-one facility with 1/8" or 1/4" rounding from one tool
- Guides retract for easier and safer storage
- Heavy and may be awkward for smaller hands
- more storage space
- If you like to use a rounder to make scallops, it's not possible to do that as the guides are not removable
- Maybe a bit pricey (rrp is £25) but you need to compare against the price of two punches, not one
I compared this product with the Zutter Round-it-All and decided to go for this one mostly because it has the two sizes on the one tool where the Zutter one is a single size per tool. It's yet to have a really serious workout but I'd certainly recommend it for anyone who wants the ability to round off heavier weight materials as well as regular cardstock (although Calv should be careful where he puts his fingers if using it!).